Volunteers can help the college connect with alumni through special events and programs. Alumni volunteers also recruit new students and enhance the current student experience through mentoring, classroom presentations and career guidance.
Examples of alumni service are listed below:
- Attend, promote and support regional events
- Promote and, when possible, attend statewide events, including but not limited to TailGATOR and scholarship fundraising events
- Promote and solicit nominations for he CALS Alumni and Friends Award of Distinction and Horizon Award
- Serve on committees for the purpose of organizing events, developing or improving programs, or selecting awards
- Support the student recruitment efforts of CALS and provide guidance relative to careers in agriculture, life sciences, natural resources and related sciences
- Support activities aimed at enhancing the experiences of current students so as to strengthen their relationship with CALS and CALS Alumni and Friends
- Advocate for CALS, IFAS and the University of Florida when requested
Alumni Volunteer Form
Are you interested in becoming an alumni volunteer? If so, complete the alumni volunteer form below or call 352-392-1963.