CALS Advising Council (CAC)
The Mission of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, CALS Advising Council (CAC) is to provide effective advising and assistance for all undergraduate students in order for them to reach their educational goals, with high achievement, and complete their academic program. The mission of the CAC is aligned with the mission of the college.
To fulfill its mission, the council is committed to the following goals:
- Providing timely and accurate advising and information in a supportive environment, where students and advisers share in the responsibility for academic success;
- Review and recommend changes in academic policy and programs to the Faculty Assembly.
- Developing processes and procedures that support efficient academic advising and enhance student learning and achievement;
- Developing links across the University to ensure seamless navigation of the educational system from admission to graduation;
- Providing students with information regarding resources and opportunities related to career pathways;
- Enhancing training and supporting professional development opportunities for professional staff advisers;
- Promoting recognition of the role and functions of professional staff advisers across the University community.
CALS Advising Council Membership
Members of the CAC consist of all CALS advisors who provide academic advising services to CALS undergraduate students. This can include, but is not limited to, professional advising staff and undergraduate coordinators. The CALS Sr. Associate Dean serves as an ex-officio member of the CAC.
CALS Advising Council Chairpersons
2019-2020: Kristina Haselier
2017-2018: Kathryn Ivey
2016-2017: Herschel Johnson
2015-2016: Karen Bray
2014-2015: Amy Alexander
2013-2014: Mike Sisk
2012-2013: Robin Snyder