FACULTY & STAFF RESOURCES
Policies, Procedures & Manuals
- CALS Policies and Procedures Manual
- CALS Syllabus Policy
- Faculty Guide to Academic Honesty
- Distance Learning Course Fees - Guidelines and Procedures
- UF Markers and Standards of Excellence for Online Courses
- CALS Undergraduate Drop Form
- CALS Undergraduate Late Add/Schedule Change Form
- CALS Petition for Third Course Drop Form
- UF Summer Enrollment Waiver Form
- CALS Change of Major Form
- Innovation Academy Change of Major Form (CALS)
- UF Application to Add or Cancel a Minor Form
- UF Application for Double Major within a College Form
- UF Application for Dual Degree Form (across colleges)
- UF Combined Bachelor's and Master's Degree Request Form
- CALS Graduate Schedule Change Form
- CALS Probation Contract Form
- CALS Probation Prediction Form
- SUS Transient Student Form
- CALS Incomplete Grade Contract
- CALS HS/AA Academic Plan Form
- ALS 4911 Supervised Research Undergraduate Student Contract Spring 2021
- ALS 4915 Undergraduate Honors Thesis Research Student Contract (also found under Honors Program Courses)
- CALS Late Degree Application Form
- UF Student Records Retention Schedule
Tenure and Promotion: Teaching Related
- CALS Guidelines for Teaching Section
- T&P Workshop 3rd Yr Handout (Spring 2020)
- T&P Workshop Pre-Tenure Handout (Spring 2020)
- T&P Workshop Post-Tenure Handout (Spring 2020)
- Peer Teaching Assessment Summary (July 15, 2015)
- Peer Teaching Assessment (July 15, 2015)
- Peer Teaching Assessment Observation Form (July 15, 2015)
- UF Catalog Resources
UF and CALS resources
CALS Mentor Academy – 8 sessions every spring semester; contact Dr. Heather McAuslane
UF Center for Teaching Excellence - Mentoring
UF Mentoring Affinity Group – contact Dr. Linda Searby for addition to group listserv
UF Graduate School Office of Graduate Professional Development
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity – click to obtain free login information
Additional Mentor Training
Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring – University of Minnesota
Ålund, M., Emery, N., Jarrett, B.J.M. et al. 2020. Academic ecosystems must evolve to support a sustainable postdoc workforce. Nature Ecology and Evolution 4: 777–781
Crutcher, B.N. 2007. Mentoring across cultures. Academe 93: 44-48.
Emery, N., A. Hund, R. Burks, M. Duffy, C. Scoffoni, and A. Swei. 2019. Students as ecologists: Strategies for successful mentorship of undergraduate researchers. Ecology and Evolution 9: 4316-4326.
Fine, E., and J. Handelsman. 2005. Benefits and challenges of diversity in Entering Mentoring: A Seminar to Train a New Generation of Scientists, (pp. 71-81). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press.
Handlesman, J., C. Pfund, S. Miller Lauffer and C. M. Pribbenow. 2005. Mentoring learned, not taught in Entering Mentoring: A Seminar to Train a New Generation of Scientists, (pp. 52-64). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press.
Hund, A. K., A. C. Churchill, A. M. Faist, C. A. Havrilla, S. M. Love Stowell, H. F. McCreery, J. Ng, C. A. Pinzone, and E. S. C. Scordato. 2018. Transforming mentorship in STEM by training scientists to be better leaders. Ecology and Evolution 8: 9962-9974.
Lee, A., C. Dennis, and P. Campbell. 2007. Nature's guide for mentors. Nature 447: 792-797.
Burroughs Wellcome Fund and Howard Hughes Medical Institute. 2006. Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty.
Johnson, W. Brad. 2016. On Being a Mentor: A Guide for Higher Education Faculty. 2nd edition. Taylor & Francis.
Johnson, W. Brad and Charles Ridley. 2018. The Art of Mentoring; 75 Practices of Master Mentors. 3rd edition. St. Martin's Press. New York.
National Academy of Sciences. 1997. Adviser, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to students in Science and Engineering. Washington, DC: National Academies Press.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2019. The Science of
Effective Mentorship in STEMM. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2020. Promising Practices for Addressing the Underrepresentation of Women in Science, Engineering, and Medicine: Opening
The Art (and Science) of Outstanding Mentoring in Higher Education - 2018 CALS Teaching Enhancement Symposium keynote address by Brad Johnson
The Elements of Excellent Mentorship: A Skill-building Workshop - 2018 CALS Teaching Enhancement Symposium presentation by Brad Johnson
Bridging Difference: Building Cultural Competency through Mentoring - 2019 International Mentoring Association workshop presentation by Lisa Fain
University of Washington Graduate School mentoring guidelines for faculty- comprehensive website with resources on different topics.