CALS Alumni & Friends Mission
CALS Alumni & Friends is dedicated to building a network to enhance awareness and promote the quality programs of the University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences through fraternity among graduates, former students and friends.
To carry out our mission, members of the CALS Alumni & Friends strive to:
- Cooperate with Florida's food, agricultural and natural resource organizations and agencies in appropriate activities promoting agriculture and/or the University of Florida
- Enhance the image of agriculture, natural resources and related colleges and programs affiliated with the University of Florida
- Provide an avenue for volunteers to participate in the growth and management of our state's agriculture, natural resources and related areas Provide an organized forum for discussion and action on relevant socioeconomic issues
- Assist with student recruitment, placement and cooperative industry programs Provide alumni and friends with continuing education activities
- Provide a recognition program for those serving Florida agriculture and natural resources and the University
- Organize appropriate social functions
- Work in a role to complement the activities of UF/IFAS, other agricultural alumni groups and IFAS Advancement
CALS Alumni and Friends Scholarship
The CALS Alumni and Friends Scholarship supports outstanding CALS undergraduate students who are involved in college, departmental or major activities. Selection is made from the the CALS Undergraduate Scholarship Application. The annual TailGATOR silent auction as well as individual donations support this scholarship endowment.
Cathy Carr, CALS Director of Alumni and Career Services
Malissa Redden, Program Assistant, Alumni and Career Services