Academic regalia is the required attire for any commencement ceremony.
University-wide Doctoral Recognition Ceremony: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 9 a.m., Stephen C. O'Connell Center
Graduates will be individually recognized and hooded on stage; for all university doctoral graduates.
University-wide Commencement Ceremony: Friday, May 5, 2023, 7 p.m., Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Degrees are conferred by the university president and students will turn their tassel; for all university graduates.
CALS Student Recognition Ceremony: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 7 p.m., Stephen C. O'Connell Center
Graduates will be individually recognized on stage; for CALS master's and bachelor's graduates only.
- Students will have their names called, cross the stage, and shake hands with their department chair/representative and CALS Dean Elaine Turner.
- Graduates will line up at Gate 4. Gate 4 will open at 5:30 p.m. Graduates should arrive no later than 6 p.m.
- Guests will enter through Gates 1& 3. Doors for guests will open at 5:30 p.m.
- Normal facility security policies will be in place (https://www.oconnellcenter.ufl.edu/general-information/security-policies/).
- The processional will begin at ~6:30 p.m. The National Anthem will be played at 7:00 p.m. Encourage your guests to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m.
- There will be a recessional of all graduates after the ceremony; you will not be permitted to leave early.
- Regalia (cap and gown) is required.
- Bring your NAME CARD to this ceremony.
- The ceremony will also be streamed via live webcast using this link: Link to live webcast.
- This is NOT a ticketed ceremony.
|Agricultural Education and Communication||Practice Court||Becky Raulerson|
|Agricultural Operations Management||Practice Court||Ana Martin-Ryals|
|Animal Sciences||Practice Court||Amie Imler|
|Biology||Practice Court||Carolina Saenz-Failach|
|Botany||Practice Court||Carolina Saenz-Failach|
|Dietetics (FSHN)||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Soohyoun Ahn|
|Entomology and Nematology||Practice Court||Ted Burgess|
|Environmental Mgmt in Ag and Nat Resources||Orange and Blue Room||Mike Sisk|
|Environmental Science (SNRE)||Orange and Blue Room||Ryan Good|
|Family, Youth and Community Sciences||Practice Court||Muthusami Kumaran|
|Food and Resource Economics||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Caleb Stair|
|Food Science (FSHN)||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Soohyoun Ahn|
|Forest Resources and Conservation (FFGS)||Orange and Blue Room||Chuck Cichra|
|Geomatics (FFGS)||Orange and Blue Room||Chuck Cichra|
|Horticultural Science||Orange and Blue Room||Xin Zhao|
|Marine Sciences (FFGS)||Orange and Blue Room||Chuck Cichra|
|Master’s candidates (all majors)||Between Gates 2 & 3, downstairs||Larry Forthun|
|Microbiology and Cell Science||Orange and Blue Room||Daniel Czyz|
|Natural Resource Conservation (FFGS)||Orange and Blue Room||Chuck Cichra|
|Nutritional Sciences (FSHN)||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Soohyoun Ahn|
|Plant Science||Orange and Blue Room||AJ Lindsey|
|Soil and Water Science||Orange and Blue Room||Mike Sisk|
|Wildlife Ecology and Conservation||Orange and Blue Room||Nia Morales|
- What if I lost my name card or didn't receive one?
- We will have extra blank cards the morning of the ceremony. You may fill one out by hand.
- As a master's student, do I need to wear my hood or will I get hooded on stage?
- Master's students are to arrive with their hood already on their person. You will not be hooded on stage.
- My family is trying to time when I will walk across stage. Will we walk in alphabetical order?
- No, students will not walk the stage in alphabetical order. You will walk by department and names will not be alphabetized within that department.
- Where should my family park?
- Parking restrictions will be lifted all over campus; this will be true for all lots and garages on campus unless otherwise labeled.
For additional information regarding commencement, please visit the University of Florida commencement website.
Contact email@example.com with additional questions.