Academic regalia is the required attire for any commencement ceremony.
University-wide Doctoral Recognition Ceremony: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 9 a.m., Stephen C. O'Connell Center
Graduates will be individually recognized and hooded on stage; for all university doctoral graduates.
University-wide Commencement Ceremony: Friday, April 29, 2022, 7 p.m., Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Degrees are conferred by the university president and students will turn their tassel; for all university graduates.
CALS Student Recognition Ceremony: Sunday, May 1, 2022, 9 a.m., Stephen C. O'Connell Center
Graduates will be individually recognized on stage; for CALS master's and bachelor's graduates only.
- Students will have their names called, cross the stage, and shake hands with their department chair/representative and CALS Dean Elaine Turner.
- Graduates will line up at Gate 4. Gate 4 will open at 7:30 a.m. Graduates should arrive no later than 8 a.m.
- Guests will enter through Gates 1& 3. Doors for guests will open at 7:30 a.m.
- Normal facility security policies will be in place (https://www.oconnellcenter.ufl.edu/general-information/security-policies/).
- The processional will begin at ~8:30 a.m. The National Anthem will be played at 9:00 AM. Encourage your guests to be in their seats by 8:30 a.m.
- There will be a recessional of all graduates after the ceremony; you will not be permitted to leave early.
- Regalia (cap and gown) is required.
- Bring your NAME CARD to this ceremony.
- Live webcast at https://mediasite.video.ufl.edu/Mediasite/Play/a12f7819484d4845ad1ba33333df86f71d.
- What if I lost my name card or didn't receive one?
- We will have extra blank cards the morning of the ceremony. You may fill one out by hand.
- As a master's student, do I need to wear my hood or will I get hooded on stage?
- Master's students are to arrive with their hood already on their person. You will not be hooded on stage.
- My family is trying to time when I will walk across stage. Will we walk in alphabetical order?
- No, students will not walk the stage in alphabetical order. You will walk by department and names will not be alphabetized within that department.
- Where should my family park?
- Beginning Friday at 5 p.m., parking restrictions will be lifted all over campus; this will be true for all lots and garages on campus unless otherwise labeled.
For additional information regarding commencement, please visit the University of Florida commencement website.
Contact Ryan Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with additional questions.
Line Up Locations
|Major||Line Up Location||Marshal|
|Agricultural Education and Communication||Practice Court||Jamie Loizzo|
|Agricultural Operations Management||Practice Court||Adam Watson|
|Animal Sciences||Practice Court||Allyson Trimble|
|Biology||Practice Court||Britta Osborne|
|Botany||Practice Court||Britta Osborne|
|Dietetics||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Katherine Witrick|
|Entomology and Nematology||Practice Court||Dan Hahn|
|Environmental Management in
Agriculture and Natural Resources
|Orange and Blue Room||Pawel Petelewicz|
|Environmental Science||Orange and Blue Room||Ashley Martin|
|Family, Youth and Community Sciences||Practice Court||Kate Fletcher|
|Food and Resource Economics||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Zhifeng Gao|
|Food Science||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Katherine Witrick|
|Forest Resources and Conservation||Orange and Blue Room||Amr Abd-Elrahman|
|Geomatics||Orange and Blue Room||Amr Abd-Elrahman|
|Horticultural Science||Orange and Blue Room||Jeffrey Brecht|
|Marine Sciences||Orange and Blue Room||Amr Abd-Elrahman|
|Master's candidates (all majors)||Between Gates 2 & 3, downstairs||William Peletier|
|Microbiology and Cell Science||Orange and Blue Room||Daniel Czyz|
|Natural Resource Conservation||Orange and Blue Room||Amr Abd-Elrahman|
|Nutritional Sciences||Between Gates 1 & 4, downstairs||Katherine Witrick|
|Plant Science||Orange and Blue Room||Erin Alvarez|
|Soil and Water Science||Orange and Blue Room||Pawel Petelewicz|
|Wildlife Ecology and Conservation||Orange and Blue Room||Miguel Acevedo|